Thank you to Ryann @RyannTheReader for nominating me for the Book Fests award (your blog is so pretty!). I’ve never actually seen this tag/award on WordPress before so I’m very curious to see what it’s about! ❤
- Thank the person who nominated you with a link to their blog.
- Answer the award questions that will be listed below.
- Write a Fifty-Word Story, because it’s fun.
- Nominate five or more bloggers with this Award.
- Ask them a question of your making you would like them to answer.
- Put up the award image badge on your blog via image widget.
1. A book you started, never finished, but want to finish. What stopped you from continuing to read it?
I have so many! Lolita and Pride and Prejudice are two examples. Lolita has a difficult subject matter and I found P&P to be such a drag when I tried to read it a few years ago. I’ll get there eventually.
2. What elements attract you to a book, which makes you need to read it?
The book cover (I won’t pretend that it doesn’t have an impact on me), if it’s an author I’m familiar with, reader recommendations from book bloggers and Goodread’s reviews influence what I read a lot!
3. Which do you prefer: e-copies or hard copies?
I really do love both but I just don’t read physical copies anymore. I think the last time I did was in April of last year.
4. What book are you currently reading, or going to read?
As I’m writing this, I am reading Relationship Status, the final novel in the Ethan and Wyatt trilogy (I’m lucky to have received an ARC from NetGalley).
5. Is it fair to judge a book by its film?
I don’t think so. Books are almost always better than the movie in my experience.
6. What book did you badly judge by its cover and end up loving?
Anna and the French Kiss. It was actually more to do with the name of the book (the cover I own is actually pretty cute) and I thought that it sounded really childish but it was pretty fun. (I’ve read books with way worse names since then!)
7. Which book character have you felt the most kin with and able to relate to?
I really liked Alyson from Just One Day. I think this actually was my answer in a previous tag 😛
What’s the first book you can remember that got you really excited about reading and why?
I remember I used to be part of a weekly reading club when I was 8 or 9 years old, and while I can’t remember any specific titles, I used to absolutely love that club!
Fifty-Word Story (not really):
I really can’t write creatively. I’m a complete disappointment. I have an English degree and I can’t write stories if my life depended on it. I love reading but sometimes I can’t actually believe people put themselves through the hardship of writing a novel, and then getting it published… Madness.
Nominations: If you’re reading this, you’re nominated!
My question is: What qualities make you follow someone’s blog? (blog layout, content, etc.)
Agree/disagree with my answers? Let me know in the comments below!
Thanks for reading!