1. Answer the questions below
2. Credit the creator Jamie @ALittleSliceofJamie
3. Tag at least 5 people
4. Have fun!
1. Where do you typically write your blog posts?
On/in bed the majority of the time. I have a cute little corner desk I could be using but whoops.
2. How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
Hours! It really depends on my thoughts of the book. If I’m giving a mainly negative review, it tends to be easier to write. Three-star rated books are the hardest (and most common so far) for me to write because I feel like I’m very repetitive in those reviews.
3. When did you start your book blog?
I started my WordPress blog in the summer of 2016, around the time I graduated from university.
4. What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Something I don’t enjoy much is making/editing images for my blog (featured images and any images included in my posts). My laptop is old and it’s so painfully slow sometimes, so having to mess around with Photoshop slightly ruins the fun of creating posts for me. I’m also tired of fussing with my blog’s appearance…
5. What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
I really do love the book community above everything else. I get to talk to a bunch of people about a variety of things and it’s such fun to do. I think you also learn a lot too, being a reader, reviewer, and blogger.
6. What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
So hard! I really had fun with my Favourites post on YA standalones so I’m gonna go with that.
7. What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
I love doing tags like this because it makes a nice change from writing reviews and discussion posts which can take hours to write and edit. I also love to see people’s answers too.
8. When do you typically write?
I write most days, even if I only get a tiny amount done. Usually I write in the evening/night where I tend to get less distractions from my family.
9. Do you review every book you read?
No, though I try to do as many as possible.
10. How do you write your book reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddled with your fur baby?
A variety of ways! I do love tea or water when writing. I also love to snack which is ruining my 2017 goal of getting fit! I also like to listen to audiobooks, ASMR videos, or podcasts when I write (right now I’m listening to a podcast). I wish I had a pet – I’ve never had one, how sad is that?
11. When do you write your book reviews? Right after finishing the book? Two weeks after finishing the book?
It depends. When I’m a good blogger it can be the day after I’ve read the novel. Sometimes I leave it until over a week later and then struggle with it. The sooner the better in my experience!
12. How often do you post?
I like to post three times a week – the types of posts I publish in a week always change (tags, awards, discussion posts, etc.) but I always make sure to have one book review posted every week.
Share with me your blogging habits in the comments below!