I was tagged by @RattleTheStars. Thank you! (Go visit their beautiful blog!)
- Link back to whoever tagged you.
- Discuss based on these questions, or create your own to help you out!
1. Do you have any childhood favourites (I’m thinking along the lines of those chapter books in elementary school)?
I read so many Biff, Chip and Kipper books as a kid! There are HUNDREDS of these books, and they’re designed to help kids learn how to read. I think many British kids read these, they’re like a rite of passage.
2. Is there a book/series that really got your reading hobby snowballing?
So I didn’t actually enjoy reading until I was 18 years old. The novels that got me into reading were what I think got many teen girls interested in fiction. Basically it was John Green and Sarah Dessen novels. I also really liked The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
3. Are there any books you enjoyed, even though you had to read them for school?
I’ve read and loved many books I’ve been forced to read for my studies! Some of my favourites are Orwell’s 1984 and Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf. I also like poets I studied such as Percy Bysshe Shelley and Emily Dickinson.
4. Was there a book that changed the genres you read? (i.e. were you an avid reader of contemporary, but now it’s all about those dragons?)
Not particularly. I’ve always enjoyed contemporary, and sometimes I dip into fantasy. Studying literature definitely introduced me to new genres, but contemporary is still the genre I read most of.
5. Are there any other books/series that hold a special place in your heart?
6. What kind of bookworm are you now? Can you easily read 100 books in 6 months? A slower reader? Are you a mood reader or do you set book goals? Do you hoard books? Do you have 79084 books on your TBR list?
I’m definitely a mood reader. I can’t really stick to book goals or monthly TBRs. I’m also terrible at hoarding ebooks specifically. They’re so quick and easy to buy – sometimes I buy them and then completely forget about it until I open my Kindle app…
7. Do you have a shelfie for us?
No, sorry! My bookshelf is a complete mess.
Until next time!